21 May 2010

Reality Competition Round Up

1. The Amazing Race
I can't even talk about the finale of The Amazing Race without getting emotional. All I will say is that the producers CLEARLY aren't determining the winners (like they do in American Idol that show I don't talk about), because I don't think a single person in America wasn't rooting for those cowboys to go home with the grand prize.

2. Survivor
I've been a Russell fan mostly because I like to like the villain, but also because I thought he was actually there to play the game. But by the end of the season, I felt pretty strongly that Parvati should have won (and not just because she's older than me, which makes me feel good about myself). Parvs, as I like to call her, was clever as a fox and played everyone in that game. And I just really, really don't like Sandra (although she looked a thousand times better all dolled up in the finale. And Parvster....actually may have looked better on the island.).

3. Project Runway, ANTM
Time for honesty. I didn't watch the finales of either of these. I was so over both of them that I deleted them off of my dvr and just went online to see who won.

4. Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Fresh Meat II
As long as we're being honest...this is probably one of my top ten favorite shows on tv. I can't get enough of the silly challenges, the drunken fights, the sloppy romances, and all of the alliances and backstabbing. And I've had a crush on Kenny, aka Mr Beautiful, since day one (to clarify: a crush in the same way that I love Pauly D and The Situation, not a real crush), and I love seeing him be the king of the Challenge. Also, I'd just like to say that seeing Wes break down during exile this last week was one of the most shocking moments ever seen. (We all understand sarcastic hyperbole around here, right? Because clearly tv's most shocking moments are all Britney Spears-related.)


5. Celebrity Apprentice 2
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: two hours is a ridiculous amount of time to spend on a single show every week. BUt I'm proud as punch of my bff Bret, who has survived every board room as well as a brain hemorrhage (and just in time to come visit me in Wendover on July 30. Don't even think about trying to get backstage before me).

6. Top Chef Masters
This show doesn't really feel the same without Padma (who I like to think was named after Natalie Portman in Star Wars). I've been watching this half-heartedly, but my full attention will return in a few weeks for the premiere of Top Chef: DC. And since he never checks this blog anymore, I feel like I can disclose the fact that Steven dreams about Tom Colicchio.

1 comment:

Rae said...

I have to admit something, I didn't get the hype with the cowboys. I was totally rooting for the gay brothers. There, I said it. I mean, I didn't hate the cowboys, but, eh......just wasn't a fan like most peeps. Go gay bros! (I loved how they called each other "bro" all the time. Cute.)

I totally didn't watch the finale of ANTM either. So over it. PS When did Tyra get so skinny? I'm not going to lie, I feel like she's sorta a fraud. If she's really all "plus size is beautiful" and "plus size can make it in the industry" why doesn't she do a plus size ANTM? Becaues it wouldn't get viewership. Listen, I'm just saying what we all know, and I don't think Tyra should go on and on about it if she's not prepared to back it up.

I am SO HAPPY someone out there shares my love for the challenges. Seriously, why is this show so good and why does no one else get it? I can't get enough of it. And I was shocked to see Wes's breakdown. Wtf? I thought Mandy (is that her name) was totally going to be the dead weight there.

And I'm totally with you on the idea that no show should be 2 hours every week. That's my biggest gripe with the Biggest Loser. (That, and the fact that at LEAST 30 minutes could be cut out if they just skipped over the 30 second replays after every commercial break. Ugh.)

TV Stalker, I've missed you.